Having worked in retail several years ago, one of the biggest days in service was the day AFTER Christmas. What's the big deal? Long story short, there are a lot of people who return more gifts than they bought days before. From various reasons of the item being the wrong color, the wrong size or the truth that they want the cash back to buy what they really wanted.
Yesterday being Christmas, it was a time where most people gathered with family or friends to celebrate the day of Jesus' birth. Some people had a holy night, some experienced joy in their world or jingle bells rocking. However, for some their day wasn't Merry or bright...the night wasn't so silent and everything but joy was in their world.
As I reflected on the day through the night that was loooooonnnnggg for me and that soon turned into morning, I kept hearing this phrase: GOD'S PLANS ARE PERFECT.
This holiday season may not have been what you expected...the year is coming to a close and the promises you've prayed for may not be anywhere near the picture you had in mind this time last year in 2014, BUT what is true and what is sure is: GOD'S PLANS ARE PERFECT!
Today is a new day, and it's the morning after...the fact that you made it to morning out of your mourning(catch it), the joy you are expecting is still accessible!
I repeat: GOD'S PLANS ARE PERFECT!
1) The Morning After signifies that God STILL has a plan for you and it has NOT changed because He changes not and His compassion fails not.
2) The Morning After gives you permission to RETURN everything that you don't want or didn't ask for in this season! Every GOOD and PERFECT gift comes from The Lord, so if it ain't GOOD or PERFECT return it! ...to help you identify those items here is a short list to get you started.
7. Bad Attitude
.............and that's just to name a FEW...again if it ain't good, RETURN to sender because that ain't what you want nor is it what you need! (*incorrect grammar on purpose)
3) The Morning After gives you ANOTHER chance...yes you guessed it: GRACE. Surely something we don't deserve but we are given it...and truth be told, we are given it to embrace it and release it to others all at the same time.
Yes this year or this season people have "tried it" and "tried you", but at the end of the day, WE all need GRACE to cover us one more time where we fall short.
4) The Morning After gives you the opportunity to START again, but START again NEW...start with a reNEWed mind, a reNEWed heart, and a reNEWed spirit. What will you do to renew your mind? As Lamar of Reading Rainbow used to say, "take a look it's in a book"...although he was referring to many different genres, I admonish you to dig into God's Word for your renewal!
You cannot afford to survive on just your holiday meals alone to make a change or renew your mind...You need God's Word and everything that proceeds out of His mouth!
I repeat: GOD'S PLANS ARE PERFECT...that means He knows what He is doing in your life, will you TRUST Him with everything that concerns you???
5) The Morning After...take the time to slow down and LISTEN...wake up and pay attention to what is important...you cannot enjoy what's to come or what's next if you stay in the same place...get out the bed, make it up, clean up, get dressed, and get started with your day!!!
You've got some returns to make! It's the morning after...and you are guaranteed deliverance if you let go of what God says.